- A license to practice medicine in his/her state, province or country. The applicant may be in government service or private practice.
- Certification by a nationally recognised Cardiac Surgery Association.
- Documented experience in endoscopic minimal access surgery (e.g. endoscopy, thoracoscopy, robotics) in the field of cardiac surgery.
- Applicants will be required to submit operative or endoscopic videos and/or other publications to substantiate practice experience and skill as determined by the Membership Committee.
- Associate members who submit high quality videos and/or publications in endoscopic cardiac surgery will be nominated to become Active Members.
Membership advantages include:
- Reduced fee for annual meetings
- Participation in members discussions (online forum in development)
- Participate in twice yearly Members meeting to assist in shaping the future of the ECSC
There is an annual fee of £150 which will be charged once the application has been approved